What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation.)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, text club and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiration date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you while you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website; and for Retargeting.
As you browse our website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with our website. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of the Retargeting.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites including ours.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested.
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
- Other uses.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.