Healthcom offers medication management solutions designed to meet the needs of even the most complex dosing schedules. Our Medication Management offers secure locking devices, visual and audible alerts at the time of dispensing and can also be programmed with custom reminders for activities of daily living. Live monitoring of the device is also available when paired with a CareLink medical alert device allowing for quick intervention if a missed dose occurs. Our services help ensure that the right dose is received at the right time – every time.
- Adverse drug reactions are among the top five greatest threats to the health of seniors.
- Medication misuse includes: overdose, forgetting to take the medicine and inconsistent dose and schedule.
- The average senior takes 14 prescription medications over the course of a year.
- The elderly account for 12.9% of the U.S. population, but consume approximately 34% of total prescriptions.
- 30% of all hospitalizations among seniors are due to adverse drug reactions.
- 32,000 seniors suffer hip fractures each year due to falls caused by medication-related problems.
- Potential to drive medication compliance to over 98%.
- Medication compliance = better outcomes.
- Integrated technology allows for optional monitoring and two-way voice communication.
- Secure locking device to help prevent potential overdoses.
- Visual and audible alerts contribute to increased compliance.